Sunday 30 June 2013

FILICIDE (intended): UK: Denise Ann Smith: published confession worth attention

Hi. I would like to say that I had a psychotic episode after

birth of 4th daughter where I tried to kill all my daughters. It 

was due to sexual abuse by my father as a child and I

believed I had to kill my children to save them from abuse 

like I suffered. Luckily thank god all my children survived and 

I was found not guilty by reason of insanity but I would like

to point out doctors and mental health need more training. I 

asked for help for weeks prior to this and was ignored. I 

even had crisis team visit me and saw psychologist 2 days 

before the psychosis. No one helped. Social services been 

involved since and I have had to go through so much even 

about my parenting to get my children back when it was 

clear it was a one off episode and nothing to do with my 

parenting. My heart goes out to all those mums out there 

who needed help and have to now live with what happened

No comments:

Post a Comment